Sunday, September 12, 2010

Swing Those Mustard Hips!

Week "two" down! Surprisingly, we still haven't had a Monday of classes yet. Weird, right?

I tried getting a picture of my lecture halls but it just wasn't working out. I'm going to have to try harder in the future. Here's what I have as of now... this is at my Finance lecture. Someone said they were kind of afraid of the business lectures because they're like huge pits, and now that I take a step back and look at it, they really are kind of intimidating. I've just gotten used to them.
IMG_1216

So real estate is kind of freaking me out. She said multiple multiple times, "There is a ton of math, if you don't like math, get out now." And although I'm ok with math, I'm not exactly an avid fan of math. Especially when I have Finance this semester as well.

This week seems to have been inundated with Pres House events, which can be daunting at times, although they are always fun. The major event of the week was the "Kickoff Carnival". We had sno cones, a photo booth, mustard bowling, balloon hats, marshmallow golf... the list goes on. It was a lot of fun. :)

Along with the mustard bowling, Hannah also had a mustard costume. Christy pretty much rocked it.
IMG_1220

So if the name didn't tip you off, Mustard bowling is like bowling, only using (empty) mustard containers. Of course, there are other uses for mustard containers.
IMG_1308

She would.
IMG_1302

Then of course there were the balloon hats...
IMG_1249

IMG_1270

IMG_1265

IMG_1243

Then there was the marriage of the two... mustard AND balloon hats? Always a good idea.
IMG_1318

And after 2.5 hours of doing nothing but socializing and eating sno cones, cotton candy, cookies, frosting, and lemonade... there was a lot of hyperactivity to wear off. Therefore dancing ended up going down. It really was a beautiful sight. Surreal almost.
IMG_1323

IMG_1291

IMG_1280

Sexy, isn't it?
IMG_1232

This is our upstairs neighbor, David.
IMG_1333

On Friday, Mandy and her roommates were having a party. A huge party. There were 115 confirmed guests on the facebook invite. Way too huge. But, we felt obligated to go. Right when we got there they ran out of cups; they had already sold all 150 that they'd bought. So we attempted to go into the house. Let me tell you, I might have enjoyed this as a Freshman, but I am long past the point where this would be fun. There were hundreds of bodies packed into the dark (it was a highlighter/black light party) sweaty, smelly basement. Why are the images so foggy? Because it was a nice cool night outside, but when we went inside there was probably a 20 degree difference and my camera lens fogged up and we didn't stay down in the mess long enough for it to de-fog.
IMG_1336

IMG_1341

IMG_1342

On the upside, Mandy showed us around her room/apartment that wasn't full of people and it's really adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment