Thursday, January 20, 2011

THE CIRCLE

The spring semester of 2011 has begun! There's always this period at the beginning of the semester where I am still in the mindset left over from the end of last semester. I can't really wrap my mind around the idea that I really, truly am caught up on homework, even for next week. I keep thinking I've forgotten something somehow. But nope! All the homework is complete!

At the same time, there's this ominous threat hanging over you.

Scene: You're at the beach, having a blast with your friends, frolicking in the water. Suddenly you look behind you. There's a monstrous wave, reaching so high above you it blocks out the sun! It's growing and picking up speed as you watch helplessly. You start running through the chest deep water, feeling like you're hardly moving. You use your hands to give you more momentum but the water still weighs you down. All the time you keep taking peeks behind you, realizing the wave is quickly overtaking you. You struggle harder, and now the water is only waist deep. But then the wave crashes down on you, forcing you bitterly underneath the surface and you're swept around, feeling overwhelmed and as though you'll never taste oxygen again. You fight through it, refusing to give in, and eventually break free and emerge victorious, coughing up salt water and then raising your arms victoriously in the air! TAKE THAT WORLD! I SURVIVED!! RUAAAGGGH!

You and your friends skip off happily into the sunset.

End scene.

k, I know that was really lame. But kind of a good simile, ya know?

On to the good stuff!!!
SLP Gurlz in ze Snow

Bri and Sci

We're All So Connected...

Caroline! She's So Fine!

Treez in Da Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment