Pretty much, you roll up at 1:30am and order some horrendous sandwich, stand peering over their counter (the counter comes up to my chin it's so tall) watch them grill, wait til they call your name, and then stuff your face. It's wonderfully delicious.
Anywho, my sandwich must have been forgotten or something. I stood around forever and then finally became desperate and said in an overly loud, slightly childish voice, "Sir, you forgot my sandwich." I think I reverted back to childhood or something what with the humongous counter. Then I blinked these big, pouty doe eyes at him.
It worked.
Crazily enough, I walked away two minutes later with a Fat Sorostitute in hand. (mozzarella sticks, cheese curds, chicken fingers, jalapeno peppers, ranch, and french fries between two buns.. I would def recommend it.)
I'm pretty sure they probs just wanted to get rid of the annoying, "slightly glowing" (as G-Pa Don would say) girl at their counter, but it still made me very happy.
Meg and Lyss are glowing too. And Meg made guac with a fork! Be impressed.
My favorite part of D.C.? Don't tell anyone, but it was sitting on the Waterfront in Georgetown when we were supposed to be touring the Smithsonian's.
I seriously think my head is crooked. These pics are never quite straight. This one's pretty darn close though.
No comments:
Post a Comment