Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wall of Fire

So while at Devil's Lake, Laur asked if I wanted to go back to Oshkosh with her for the last day of the airshow. And I did!

The drive getting there was almost as interesting, not cutting on the airshow. I took over driving, and had the short-sightedness to not check the gas. Anywho... we were driving down some country road behind this tractor, going about 10 mph when laur was like, "Do we have any gas?!" The needle was past the red, very very "E". So we had to follow the tractor for about a mile down the road before we could find somewhere to turn around and head back into town.

There were two tiny gas stations on the edge of fields and fields of corn. The one on the left was creepy, rundown, and dark. The one on the right was an ethanol station, and not just ethanol, but the kind of gas made almost completely out of corn. Laur's volvo def couldn't handle it. So, we went to creep gas station on the left. It was closed. And, the pumps looked like they were from the 60s. They had no electric anything that we could see, let alone a credit card slot. So we went over to the ethanol station, which didn't have anyone at it either. Luckily, they had pay at the pump, and regular unleaded gas.
IMG_0140

IMG_0171

I took this from the car window as we were driving, and this is what it looked like from the camera! Pretty darn perfect pic of Wisconsin Summers.
IMG_0153

So I stayed with Laur and her fam in their RV, so we played Cribbage! The Bloods vs. the Crypts. John and I lost. :(
IMG_0185

In the morning I woke up at 5:45 to see them launch hot air balloons. They kept them tethered, but I still thought it was good.
IMG_0211

IMG_0213

There were a ton of planes!! I was told quite a few times, and I'm going to pass it on because it's such a cool stat: Oshkosh is the busiest airport in the world the week of the airshow. There's about 10,000 airplanes that come. :) Good to know, aye?
IMG_0190

No comments:

Post a Comment