“The fairway follows the road, so anyone could see us for the whole first hole from the road. Well some cop was driving past, saw us, and turned his lights on. So my friend, Sue,” I’m not actually sure what Paul said his friend’s name is. It definitely isn’t Sue. It was 2:30am last night when Paul was telling us this story, driving back from the golf course, and little details like that just don’t stick in my head.
Sue was actually a man that called MLG; he was rather persnickety. None of the brokers were in and Sue didn’t want to leave any details with us, so he informed us that if Natter wanted his business, he would just have to listen to the message Sue had left on his cell phone and call back. (David Natter is one of the brokers. There used to be three Davids in the office, so now even though he’s the only Dave, he’s still often referred to as Natter.)
Julie also got the chance to talk to Sue and we were both convinced Sue was rather strange. Sue called back after an hour and Natter was in at this point so I transferred the call over. When Natter hung up the phone he turned to Julie and me and said, “That wasn’t a man.” He shook his head, “I’ve met this woman, and she is a whole lotta crazy.” He turned and looked at me then, “Haley, this woman… I did a deal with her about five years ago. I stared into her eyes, she was sitting across from me and I stared into her eyes, and there was nothing there.” I believe that.
But back to Paul’s story. “Sue,” whose name isn’t actually Sue, “is this huge guy, looks like a sumo wrestler, but he’s a super nice guy and he went over and started sweet talking the cop, explaining why we were here and that we were just playing a little night golf.” In the end, the cop laughed and gave them the ok. Paul said he left them saying, “Sorry for interrupting your round.”
Pretty cool, but I’m glad the cops didn’t show up last night. It would have ruined the mood. Everything was a shade of silver. The moon was huge, casting long shadows and there was fog hanging in the distance. I didn’t bring my camera and I’m still kicking myself for it.
So in conclusion, if I could pick any time to play golf, it would be 11pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment