Pics throughout slightly unrelated. Went and chilled on the docs with Meg + crew for some sun action.
Vitamin D, check. Skin cells burning and dying, check.
In the name of vanity, I decided to read on Bascom Hill the other day (Never Let Me Go). The backs of my legs... oh man. Red. And a very obvious break between where my legs were scorched and where they were not.
I really shouldn't be so dumb. Rotation is key! And patience! I spend long, arduous minutes: crouching down uncomfortably, feeling the pain of fire scorching my face and hands, holding my tired arms out and slowly rotating the not-quite-perfect stick I found after searching in the chilly, creepy darkness outside the campfire. Some would say it's not worth it. Stick it in the fire, let it burn, and then blow it out. It'll taste fine.
But they don't understand! Marshmallow nirvana is worth it!
You would think it would be natural to apply this very same standard to my skin, something much more precious.
Transitioning to different thought...
I've realized books are a very dangerous thing to put in my hands. As long as I'm slightly interested, once I start, I cannot stop. I just can't. I started "Never Let Me Go" yesterday. I just finished it a few minutes ago. It's a compulsion. I HAVE to know what happens. Even if I know it's going to be nothing good.
Also, I don't like how much reading makes me think, and feel like I don't completely understand. I just keep gnawing away at it, trying to sort my thoughts out and figure the book out. And then I slightly give up, which makes me disappointed with myself. That is, if it has any kind of depth to it.
Maybe that's why I usually stick to what I've already read. I love rereading, probably because it's not a challenge.
I'm going to try and read more this summer, and not what I've read before. I think next on my list is "The Great Gatsby".
Lyss keeps falling down stairs when she's wearing flats because she's so used to wearing heels. Pretty sure she was born to be business.
I lurve being home. (I was in Chip this weekend) It's a nice change of pace, a.k.a. a lot more relaxed and lazy. Yet, I always am slightly annoyed with myself when I sit on the couch watching tv for hours. I don't do that in Madison but for some reason I can't help myself when I'm at home.
Trippy.
Good work Paul. Don't really know why I like this pic.
Oh yeah, also went to ground school for Hoofer's Sailing Club. Probs not going much further than that. It's expensive to join and I don't have enough of a passion/urge to learn to sail to justify it.
Oh, how cliche... yet so necessary!
b.t. dubs, the title refers to a vball team I played on tonight, just to step in when they were low on players. :) Fun stuff, altho I realized just how terrible I've gotten at volleyball.
No comments:
Post a Comment