Monday, May 17, 2010

Shoes 'n a Sunburn

Before working I went on a walk to get coffee. It's nice to be in Chippewa again. Everyone is so friendly, saying hi on the street, and everything is so familiar. It feels like home. Chippewa just has a historical, rustic feel and it's quite photogenic, even though most of the time I don't realize it. Hopefully I can become a "local" again and the peeps at the 4:30 am Coffee Shop (which opens at 6:00 am) will be like, "Hey, Haley! Caramel Macchiato? Comin right up!"

But anyways. First day at the shoe... down! Nine hours in the sun has left me with strange sunburns (one of the worst being a sunburn on my knee where I have a hole in my jeans), sore fingers from taking pounds and pounds of paper and cardboard out of shoeboxes, and a feeling that I really didn't accomplish anything but help move hundreds of boxes around a stupid tent. But, it really wasn't so bad. Falling back into the same pattern of Mason Shoe was easier than could be imagined and it's great to hear all the old gossip. Today I learned that one of my assistant managers resigned in the face of an investigation. A week later our manager, resigned after her. Who knows, maybe they ran away to Florida together.

So, for the next two weeks, this will be my life. Shoes and customers and employee drama.

That's it for now, Day two down!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment