Rhythm and Booms is this really cool fireworks show at Warner Park where there's music that goes along with the fireworks. So when there's some slower music, they let off smaller, quieter, lower fireworks and when the music is like BOOM the fireworks are like BOOOOM! It was really fun.
What wasn't so fun was getting out after the show. We were stuck in traffic for at least thirty minutes, going the opposite direction from which we wanted to travel, because they blocked off all left turns. So we crawled forward, the wrong way, knowing we'd have to turn around the first instant we got, just to go back the other way and do it again. It was frustrating to say the least.
The only thing that made it bearable was Laur's cassettes. (Her car doesn't have very good reception and no cd player, but there's a cassette player!) We blasted Chuck Barry, have you ever heard the song, "My Ding-a-Ling (sp?) Please look it up.
While waiting for the fireworks, Laur and I read Slaughterhouse-Five out loud to each other. It's really nice to be read to, I should do it more often. Anywho... it just seemed like a strange juxtaposition to me. Slaughterhouse-Five is fixated on death. So it goes. It makes you embarrassed by the American troops. It makes you question everything about life, especially in America. And here we were, getting ready to watch fireworks and say "Yeah! Go America! We're the best!" I like it, it def reins in the patriotism and I truly think too much patriotism is never a good thing.
So... Happy Fourth of July :) Go America! We're the best!
Laur hiding from the sun... maybe looking for Bill?
At first I didn't like this pic at all, but it's really grown on me.
Us in all our glory. We outshine the fireworks for sure.
Kinda looks like a space ship has just landed on the earth. Maybe it's the Tralfamadorians?
The stroller adds something, don't ya think? lol, I really really wish it wasn't there. How dare whoever put that there.
No comments:
Post a Comment