Thursday, July 1, 2010

Reefer Madness

Em got this 1930s movie called "Reefer Madness" which was about how awful "marihuana" is and how it will eventually lead to death and insanity. She forced us to sit through forty minutes of a black and white, terrible quality, terribly acted movie until we finally gave up on it. Someone had just gotten shot in the back, although it wasn't bleeding, and then they convinced the main character that he had done it, and he just didn't remember because he was smoking pot. Classic.
IMG_8778

I only worked until 11 today, which was beautiful. I also stopped in at "The Daily Scoop" which is the ice cream shop in the Union and I guess I'm going to be picking up hours there this weekend. Kim, the boss, said she called this weekend, "The Perfect Storm". Any time the weather is above 80 degrees, they "get killed" and this weekend it's supposed to be 85 degrees out. On the fourth of July, they average 20,000-30,000 people at the Memorial Union. Soo... it sounds like there's going to be 20,000-30,000 people that are going to be hot and in desperate need of ice cream. And I'm going to be working as an ice cream scooper. Should be interesting at the very least. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. get ready for some sore arms from scooping!! Just those couple hours that I did at the tiny concession stand in the Kohl Center during the middle of winter made my arms go through hell and back :) Also, be prepared for the same question to be asked a million times "What's "insert flavor here"?" Grrr. At least you'll be getting paid monies though :)
    Also, what's the movie called??? I want to watch, and then force others to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nevermind. found the name of the movie. watching it on netflix as i type :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayayayay!!! see you should have worked the concession stand :)

    ReplyDelete