Sunday, June 27, 2010

Do You know the Venison Man?

He used to be at the farmer's market every saturday... but his booth/cart thing is gone. No where to be found. And now I have to settle for beef jerky instead of venison jerky. Let me tell you, it's not nearly as good.

Watched Harold and Maude tonight for the first time. It was Cassie's movie. Maude said if she could be any flower she'd be a sunflower: tall and simple. And I think I agree.
IMG_8333

Meg and Adam are in town! It was fun to catch up and hear all the Chip drama, just like always.
IMG_8366

Is this not the creepiest thing ever? There were three of these... figurines around the Machinery Row, which is a bike store. Why? Not quite sure. Just creeped out. Learned that you can't always eat a deep dish today. Sometimes they're a type of wheel on a bike.
IMG_8415

Interesting perspective, right? It might be kind of nice to have flowers as big as skyscrapers. I think I would like that. Although then would we have bees and butterflies as big as skyscrapers? Maybe that wouldn't be so nice. For some reason, the imagery of the butterfly is much more ominous to me. I can see them flapping their wings and knocking over buildings and such with the wind they create. Weird, right? Maybe it's because bees are harmful now, so a two-hundred foot bee... is that really any worse? But a harmless butterfly compared to a building-knocking-down butterfly? Heck yes that's scary. And really, all a bee could do is impale one person with its stinger and then it would be done. A butterfly could go around knocking down buildings and causing massive damage.

Another thought: if butterflies were so big, we'd have to change the name of the "butterfly effect". It wouldn't make any sense at all to call it the butterfly effect anymore.
IMG_8392

No comments:

Post a Comment