Monday, June 14, 2010

You're Coming in Warm

What does the title of this post mean? I don't know; it's sailor jargon. I know he wasn't talking about the weather either because it was quite frigid for the middle of June. We all had goosebumps. All I know is "coming in warm" is a bad thing, because when the guy said it, he didn't sound too happy. How did I hear sailor jargon you might be asking? I went on a sailboat today! The Hoofers Sailing Club Kickoff was today, so we got a ride on a sailboat!

I was considering joining the sailing club, but it's pretty expensive and after the ride I'm not sure I'm much of a sailor. I mean, it was fun, don't get me wrong. But I don't think I'd want to do it three times a week, and I would have to in order to get my money out of it.

Laur and I worked on taking her facial expressions down a notch today. Although, I'm not sure that's a good thing. Part of the reason laur is so cool is because she's so uncensored.
IMG_7676

Pretty right? But like Laur pointed out, sailboats are always photogenic. They're the boats all the other boats envy because they look so darn good.
IMG_7713

This is my favorite of the day. The clouds cooperated so nicely.
IMG_7698

I like how the waves up close are kind of blurry looking from the motion, but then the sailboat in the distance is sharp.
IMG_7700

My favorite part of the boat ride wasn't even the boat ride. The guy sitting next to me got off the boat before me and offered his hand to help me onto the dock. :) It made my night.
IMG_7697

2 comments:

  1. :) uncensored? phfsh. that is me censored, fo real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I know. :) I wasn't meaning that picture in specific.

    ReplyDelete